A Federal Apostille is a type of International Certification provided by the U.S Department of State on documents issued by federal agencies (like FBI Background Checks), documents signed by American Consular officers, or notarized by Military notaries. Documents destined for use in Hague Convention countries require an Apostille.
US Department of State Apostille is needed for all documents that will be used outside the United States in a country part of the Hague Convention. The US Department of State will only Apostille documents that have been issued by a federal agency such as the FBI, EPA, USDA, SSA, etc. After being Apostilled by the US Department of State the document is ready to be used in that country.
Elite Documents can physically present documents to the US Department of State, making the process faster and more secure than mailing them in yourself. Currently the US Department of State walk-in service is taking an average of 3-4 business days for any document to be Apostilled. They are open to the public Monday- Friday from 8am-9am (closed on all federal holidays).
We know how important and time-sensitive these documents are to you. That is why Elite Documents treats each document we receive with the utmost care and personal attention. We strive to achieve the highest level of customer service and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
If you would like us to help you below is more information on rates and how to reach us.
Documents that can receive Federal Apostille include (but are not limited to):
- U.S Department of Justice
- FBI Background Checks
- U.S Federal Court Documents
- U.S Bankruptcy Court
- District Court (Petition of Name Change)
- U.S Department of Homeland Security
- Immigration Certificate (Naturalization)
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Certificate of Foreign Governments
- Certificate of Pharmaceutical/Export
- Food and Drug (FDA) Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Animal/Plant Certification
- Animals Health Certifications
- U.S Patent and Trademark Office
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Documents notarized by a military notary
- Certain Pension/Retirement documents
- Certificates of Naturalization Documents
- IRS Form 6166
- Federal Apostille cost is $85 per document.
- UPS/FedEx is an additional $35 to be mailed within the U.S or you can include your own prepaid envelope/label.
International shipping via DHL is also available (contact us for a quote)
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Verify Your Document First
Send us a quick e-mail or give us a call, most documents vary in requirements so we need to ensure it’s done correctly the first time.
Send Us Your Document
Via your preferred mailing method
with a tracking number to:
Elite Document Services
1325 G Street., N.W Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005