Secretary Of State Apostille
An apostille (“ah-post-eel”) is a type of document certification accepted as valid in all countries that are party to the Hague Convention. Documents issued by a state (birth certificates, marriage certificates, court documents, etc.) or have been notarized (diplomas, certificates, power of attorney, etc.) must be apostilled by the Secretary of State of where the document was issued. Elite Document provides apostille services for all 50 states, as well as DC and Puerto Rico, and the US Department of State.
It’s necessary for all documents that are to be used in a country that is part of the Hague Convention to be Apostilled (a certification page attached onto the document that will be used abroad).The Secretary of State will certify documents that have been signed by a notary from that state as well as State and County documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, court documents, etc., however, each Secretary of State has its own requirements for the documents it will certify.
- DC Secretary of State Apostille can be done within 2 business days.
- Secretary of State Apostille can take an average of 5-10 business days.
Another type of certification done by the Secretary of State is called a “Certification” or “Authentication” these are for documents being used in counties not part of the Apostille/Hague Convention also known as Embassy or Consular legalization.
Documents that can receive the Secretary of State Apostille include (but are not limited to):
- Academic certificates
- School Verification Letters
*All higher educational documents must be issued from regionally accredited US colleges or universities.
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Marriage/Divorce Certificates
- Certificate of Single Status
- Local/State Police Background Check
- Personal Power of Attorney
- Certified Translations
- Copy of Passports (Identification Page)
- Copy of Driver License
Business, Corporate & Legal Documents
- General Power of Attorney
- Distribution/Agency Agreement
- Articles of Incorporation/Registration
- Authorization of Agent
- Board Resolution
- Certificate of Incorporation
- By Laws
- US Patent Application
- Trademark Application
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Free Sale Certificate/EP
- Price List
- Financial Statement
- Secretary of State Apostille/Certification cost is $125 for first document.
Each additional document(s) from same state is $85 each.
- UPS/FedEx is an additional $35 to be mailed within the U.S or you can include your own prepaid envelope/label.
International shipping via DHL is also available (contact us for a quote)
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Verify Your Document First
Send us a quick e-mail or give us a call, most documents vary in requirements so we need to ensure it’s done correctly the first time.
Send Us Your Document
Via your preferred mailing method
with a tracking number to:
Elite Document Services
1325 G Street., N.W Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005