EMBASSY OR CONSULATE LEGALIZATION
Embassy or Consular legalization is a method of authenticating a document for use in another country not part of the Hague Convention. This document is taken to the Embassy or Consulate for the Embassy Stamp/Seal and or Signature of the Consul.
- Secretary of State Certification (Takes about 2-10 business days to be certified)
- Authentication by the US Department of State (Takes an estimated 3-4 business days)
- Embassy legalization (Takes an estimated 5-10 business days)
- U.S Department of State Authentication (Takes an estimated 3-4 business days)
- Embassy Legalization (Takes an estimated 5-10 business days)
Elite Documents can help with the whole process to include Secretary of State Certification, U.S Department of State Authentication and Embassy Legalization.
Keep in mind all Embassies have specific requirements for all documents and can change without notice. Some Embassies have jurisdiction (origin of document) which means the document belong to a specific consulate in a different state. But not to worry we can still handle the legalization outside of Washington DC.
Don’t leave your documents to the last minutes make sure you plan head and start this process as soon as possible. The whole process can take up to a month to complete.
In the event you are already overseas we can ship documents internationally via DHL.
Documents that can receive the Embassy/Consular Legalization include (but are not limited to):
- Academic certificates
- School Verification Letters
*All higher educational documents must be issued from regionally accredited US colleges or universities.
** All Embassies/Countries have different requirements for document legalization.
- Birth/Death Certificates
- Marriage/Divorce Certificates
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Local Police Clearance Certificate
- Pension/Retirement Documents
- Personal Power of Attorney
- Certified Translations
- Copy of Passports
- Copy of Driver License
Business, Corporate & Legal Documents
- General Power of Attorney
- Distribution/Agency Agreement
- Articles of Incorporation/Registration
- Authorization of Agent
- Board Resolution
- Certificate of Incorporation
- By Laws
- US Patent Application
- Trademark Application
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Free Sale Certificate/EP
- Price List
- Financial Statement
- Secretary of State Certification cost is $125 for first document.
Each additional document(s) from same state is $85 each.
- US Department of State Authentication $85 per document
- Embassy Legalization is $75 + Embassy fee per document (contact us for the recent embassy fee)
- UPS/FedEx is an additional $35 to be mailed within the U.S or you can include your own prepaid envelope/label.
International shipping via DHL is also available (contact us for a quote)
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Verify Your Document First
Send us a quick e-mail or give us a call, most documents vary in requirements so we need to ensure it’s done correctly the first time.
Send Us Your Document
Via your preferred mailing method
with a tracking number to:
Elite Document Services
1325 G Street., N.W Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005